A beautiful addition to your morning coffee or alone as a refreshing drink is Almond milk sweetened with dates and a touch of vanilla.
This is a very simple recipe to make.
1 cup Almonds
2 cup Water
1 Vanilla bean
1. Soak almonds in water overnight (the longer they stay in the water the creamier the milk will be).
2. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on full speed for 4 minutes occasionally using turbo.
3. Using a muslin cloth or anut bag, strain the blend into a bowl or large measuring cup, and pour into a serving jug.
4. Cool in the fridge and serve!
* You can use the leftover nuts by spreading on a baking tray and roast in the oven, and sprinkle over your musli or porridge.
*Or instead of roasting you can place in a little bag in the freezer for the next time you make muffins or banana bread.
Let me know how you go!
Love, Lizette x